So Sarah over at Nurse Loves Farmer and Jess from I Rock So What did this and I thought it would be fun to join in like everyone else 🙂 It’s time to get in the christmas turkey. I know, we are suppose to respect the Turkey, and don’t worry – I’ll eat plenty on thanksgiving, but really, for me, thanksgiving is the kick off of Christmas! I grew up always watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade and I can’t wait to show it to Lennox this year. We’ll be on the lookout for the Elmo balloon float — she is OBSESSED!
And here is the fun questions:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Well, I love both, but you can have Hot Chocolate any time of the year, Egg Nog is for Christmas. As a kid, my dad and I would have a celebratory first glass of egg nog in fancy glasses.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa always wrapped up his gifts for me, and so far he has done the same for Lennox.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? On the tree – colored on our family tree, white on the fancy tree (yes we have two– actually 3 last year), outside we have White.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually right after Thanksgiving or around December 1st.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Roast Beast! Jello Fruit Salad my grandmother always made was always my favorite as a kid. Now I love Roast Beast and Sweet Potatos with Marshmellow.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Coming down in the morning to see all the gifts was always exciting. I also remember going on the train ride around christmas time with my parents.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I figured out another figure, I think the easter bunny and then put it all together and asked my mom.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, unless we are seeing family then that we won’t see the next day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have a tree in our living room that has fun ornaments on it and it has colored lights. Its 6 or 7 feet tall. Then we have a 12 foot tree that is in our foyer, which has white lights and red and gold balls with ribbon and poinsettias.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!
12. Can you ice skate? I can, but I haven’t in a long time.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmmm… I don’t know what my favorite has been. I remember getting a bike as a kid, that was exciting. And then, I don’t remember getting it but I know it was a favorite – My baby talk doll with Crib and Highchair. See babytalk here:
I loved this doll. I still have it, it works and I have it out for Lennox 🙂
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family. Now that there are little kids around, it’s even better!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Hmmm.. I don’t know – I love all the Christmas cookies and candies!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Bringing Lennox to see Santa, watching old christmas movies and cartoons, and driving around and looking at christmas lights.
17. What tops your tree? An angel.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love both!
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I like them, but I only eat them for a few minutes and get bored. I like them in candies/cookies and in hot chocolate!
20. Favorite Christmas show? Love Charlie Brown Christmas, The Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation and Elf!
21. Saddest Christmas Song? The one about the boy getting his mom some shoes — what is the name? It’s depressing.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Rockin’ around the christmas tree — I have liked it since I saw Home Alone!