Sunday I decided to make crockpot lasagna for the first time. I had never made it before, and I actually have never made regular oven baked lasagna! It was so easy and very yummy, I had to share the recipe! I took a recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything but I made some tweaks.
Here is my recipe:
- 1 pound ground beef (you could mix in italian sausage or use only italian sausage)
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 15 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (1 bag) shredded italian cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon italian or spaghetti seasoning
- 6-7 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Brown meat and onion in large skillet.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, Drain.
- Add tomato sauce, water and italian seasoning.
- In bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups italian cheese mix and egg.
- Pour 1/4 of the meat sauce (enough to cover bottom of crockpot) into crockpot.
- Place half of the UNCOOKED noodles (break in half if necessary to make them fit)
- Spread 1/2 of the ricotta/cheese on top of the noodles.
- Repeat with 1/2 of the sauce, then noodles, then cheese and then remainder of sauce.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours. NOTE: I have a newer crockpot and low is still very hot. Ours was done in about 3-3 1/2 hours.
- About 10-15 minutes before serving, sprinkle the remaining italian cheese on top of lasagna.
Latest posts by Heather (see all)
- Spring is right around the corner… we hope! - March 6, 2014
- Review of Mohawk Home Rugs + Giveaway #ilovemymohawkrug - March 5, 2014
- Catch the Moment 365 – Week Eight - March 4, 2014
- Are You Missing Breakfast? - March 3, 2014