My parents like to remind me that every night, when I was little, I would need 3 books read to me before I would go to bed. Not 1, not 2, but 3. Well, Lennox is the same way, although I think she would be happy if I read her 10 books every night. She is hard to resist when she looks up at me with her little finger in the air saying “One more mommy, one more”. Even cuter when she says, “Uno Mas mommy, Uno Mas”! Eventually I have to stop reading and she has to go to bed.
Even though Lennox has about 150 books, we seem to read the same ones OVER AND OVER again. I thought I would share what her favorite books have been for the past few months.
Here are her top seven, in no particular order:
1. Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Eric Carle
2. Little Critter Hansel and Gretel Flip Book by Mercer Mayer (Mercer Mayer was one of my favorite’s as a kid!)
3. Clifford’s Peekaboo by Norman Bridwell
4. But Not the Hippopotamus by Sandra Boynton
5. Cuddle! by Beth Shoshan (She received this one as her Christmas gift at school)
6. Dr Seuss’s ABC
and finally, since it seems to be Christmas all year round for Lennox ( she is still wearing Santa pajamas in July!)…
7. Montgomery Ward’s Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Circa 1946) This book is SO long and so old and falling apart, but she LOVES it!