With St. Patty’s Day coming up this weekend, I thought cooking up a Corned Beef & Cabbage dinner was in order. I tried out a new recipe and thought I would share with everyone. I think the corned beef came out more moist than when I cook it on the stove in boiling water. So for those of you who are crock pot fans, this one is for you!
Corned Beef Roast (I cooked about a 3-4 pounder, but if you are going to have more than about 4 adults, you will need a larger one)
Potatoes (I used about 8 butter potatoes (peeled & quartered)
1 Bag of Baby Carrots
6 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
1 yellow onion (quartered)
1/2 head of cabbage
1 small bottle or can of beer (8oz)
3 Cups Water
2-3 tablespoons vinegar
2-3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter
Seasoning packet or use about a teaspoon of each of the following:
- Mustard Seed
- Bay Leaf
1. Place onions & garlic in the bottom of the crockpot. I use the crockpot liners to make clean up way easier, if you haven’t tried them out, you really should – they are a big time saver!
2. Place Corned Beef into crockpot.
3. Pour the water, beer & vinegar into crockpot over corned beef. Sprinkle sugar into water mixture as well.
4. Then sprinkle seasoning packet (or seasonings – mustard seed, bay leaf, salt & pepper) over roast.
5. Set to cook on low for 7-8 hours (high for 4-5). Cover and cook for 4 hours.
6. With 2 hours left, add in potatoes and carrots into the crockpot. Cover and cook again.
7. With 45-60 minutes left, add in half of the cabbage (1/4 of a head of cabbage). I personally don’t like a lot of cabbage so i cooked the rest on the stove in boiling water, salt, pepper and butter for about 15 minutes.
8. That’s it! Enjoy!
Original recipe came from Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/pin/563724078327366390/)
Latest posts by Heather (see all)
- George, Gracie & Lily are Living the GOODLIFE™! #goodlifepet #shop - April 23, 2014
- Montessori Recycling & Upcycling, Inspired by Bigelow #AmericasTea #shop - April 23, 2014
- On-the-Go Picnic with Safari Animals & Wet-Nap #showusyourmess #pmedia #ad - April 22, 2014
- Catch the Moment – Week Fifteen - April 18, 2014