This past week I’ve had quite a few people ask me for the recipes for the cake and cupcakes that I have been making lately. It’s all the same recipe just in different forms. So I thought this week I would share a few of them.
My favorite of all of them is the cream cheese frosting. It’s so yummy and so easy to make. I rarely buy the containers of frosting at the store anymore! Also, here in Texas we are battling the heat, so if its any type of outdoor event, frosting is going to melt. This one though? It has survived the outside – it can be made to be really thick so it just holds together really well.
- 1 Package Cream Cheese
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3-5 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Optional: Food Coloring Gel
- Using a stand mixer is best for this recipe.
- Mix butter and cream cheese (both straight out of refrigerator) until creamed together.
- Add in vanilla.
- Slowly mix in powered sugar and mix until well mixed
- Add in Heavy Whipping Cream 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency. Note: For cupcakes where I am piping on the frosting, I use 3 tablespoons, for a cake that I spread on, I use 5 tablespoons of whipping cream.
- Add food coloring gel and mix well if desired.