Did you know that July is National Vacation Rental Month? I’m sure everyone has been planning their summer vacation for some time now and has either just gotten back or is about to go! Lennox, Kyle and I are headed out for our family vacation in just a few weeks and we are so excited! So with all those summer plans in mind, there are 5 simple money-saving tips for a family summer vacation!
Money Saving Tips for a Family Summer Vacation
- Eat in! We all love to eat out on vacation but is it necessary for every meal of the day? Breakfast is a great meal to eat in. Breakfast is the most inexpensive meal to provide at home usually, but can be just as pricey as lunch or dinner at a restaurant so why not eat it at home? Stop by a local bakery or grocery store for some cereal, juice, muffins, etc. You can also pack sandwiches for lunch to bring to the beach or park with you!
- Do your research. There are so many free or very inexpensive activities for any age range in almost all destinations. Do a little research before heading on your vacation. You can fill your day at a free beach, free museums and other free tourist attractions pretty quickly if you know where to go ahead of time!
- Quality Family Time! Make sure you get your family together for some quality family time while on vacation. Sometimes vacations can be so hectic, and even though you are all together, you don’t always get the best quality family time. Plan a family game night – even just a card game if you have to pack light! Turn the iPhone/iPad off and just be together – this is some fun that can be had for free!
- Get the inside scoop from locals! Find out what the best spots are in town from the locals. Most tourist destinations are full of “tourist trap” restaurants. They may be great restaurants but expensive! Surely there are some places that are cheaper but just as good or better – just ask around!
- Skip the hotel and get a rental property. If you have a large group or family going – you can really save in some tourist spots with a rental property, especially if you are staying for a week or more! Having a rental property, similar to what Wyndham Vacation Rentals has to offer, can give everyone a lot more space, flexibility and allow you to enjoy your vacation to its fullest! There are so many advantages to staying at a vacation rental property! Staying in a vacation rental offers more space and many of the conveniences of home such as fully-equipped kitchens, washer/dryers units and multiple bedrooms.
Although, some may be leary about the quality and safety when renting a vacation property, the Wyndham has taken this into mind and strives to be the best. For peace of mind, book with a professionally managed vacation rental provider such as Wyndham Vacation Rentals® that has a “Vacation Rental Bill of Rights®” service pledge ensuring quality standards (vetted rentals with accurate images), comprehensive customer service and real-time payment and bookings.
And what about the luxury of a hotel – housekeeping – parents are on vacation you know! With Wyndham Vacation Rentals, travelers may enjoy the best of both worlds – the space and comfort of home with the conveniences and amenities of a hotel stay including housekeeping, Wi-Fi, shuttle services and a concierge desk.
So what are you waiting for? Wyndham Vacation Rentals is offering summer deals at up to 35 percent off nightly rates on bookings made throughout July at www.WyndhamVacationRentals.com. Where are you going to go this summer?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.