There are almost an unlimited number of traditions, events and activities to do during the holiday season! If you actually have some free time over the next week (one week until Christmas!) here is a list of some fun ideas to do as a family and with your children as Christmas grows closer!
1. Write a letter to Santa
2. Make Christmas Ornaments
3. Visit Santa
4. Polar Express / North Pole Express Train Ride
5. Stay up late to watch a Christmas Movie in your pajamas!
6. Make hot cocoa together.
7. Trim the tree together as a family.
8. Play in the snow (if you have any where you live!)
9. Make Christmas crafts
10. Sing Christmas Songs
11. Christmas Family Photos – even if you don’t have a lot of money or even time – head into a portrait studio – usually they have cheap packages with one pose or even just ask a friend!
12. Read Christmas books together!
13. Decorate a gingerbread house.
14. Bake and Decorate Christmas cookies!
15. Participate in a christmas fundraiser, angel tree, etc. Pick a child that is the same as your child – so that they can help pick out items and try to explain what you are doing and why it is nice to help out others during the Christmas season.
16. Look for Elf on the Shelf every day!
17. Go for a ride or walk to look at Christmas lights!
18. Visit a local nativity scene – a live one is even more exciting for children!
19. Go to a Christmas Tree farm (if you live in the areas they have one!)
20. Listen to Christmas Music.
21. Make a cookie plate for Christmas Eve to leave for santa.
22. Make Paper Snowflakes and cover the windows!
23. Make or use an advent calendar!
24. Make reindeer food to sprinkle on the front yard on Christmas Eve before bed! (Mix Oatmeal & Glitter together!)
25. Let your kids plan Christmas breakfast!
What is YOUR favorite Christmas activity?