Split Pea soup is an extremely easy soup to make, and putting it in the crockpot just makes it even easier – especially if you don’t have time to sit around while it cooks o the stove top. I made a batch of this Crockpot Split Pea Soup this past weekend and it was so yummy, I thought I would share.
- 1 bag (2 cups) of Split Peas
- 4 Carrots, chopped
- 2 Potatoes (I used White/Golden Potatoes), chopped into small pieces
- 3 stocks of celery, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 Thin Ham Steak – cubed
- Green Onions (optional for garnish)
- Layer in all the ingredients listed above; split peas, chopped carrots, chopped potatoes, chopped celery, chopped onion, 3 cups broth, 1 cup water, dash of salt and pepper and chopped ham.
- Cook in crock pot for 3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low. Once it starts cooking well – mix everything together and add in more broth if it seems to thick. I added in an additional cup.
- Cook for an additional 1 hour on high or 90 minutes on low until all items have blended together well. If you are looking for a more pureed soup, you can use an immersion blender as well – I did not and it was still very creamy.
- Serve and enjoy!