PEEPS® are probably one of my all time favorite Easter candies. They always have been, ever since my mom bought them for us as kids. I remember my sister opening them and then leaving them out to get “stale”. I love them as soon as you open the package (but I’ll eat them stale if needed!). When I was pregnant with Lennox during Easter time – I think I ate a dozen packages! They are one of my weaknesses for sure! Love them.
PEEPS® have expanded and have been made into a wide variety of candies now, compared to when I was a kid. For this Easter season these are the highlights of their candy line:
- PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks (in colors: yellow, purple, pink, orange, green and blue)
- PEEPS® Marshmallow Bunnies (in colors yellow, purple, pink, orange, green and blue)
- PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks
- PEEPS® Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Chicks
- PEEPS® Chocolate Dipped Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Chicks
- PEEPS® Chocolate Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Bunnies
- PEEPS® Large Marshmallow Bunnies
- PEEPS® Chick in a Hollow Milk Chocolate Egg
- PEEPS® Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Chicks (Individual Size)
- PEEPS® Rainbow Pop
- PEEPS® Sugar-Free Marshmallow Chicks
- PEEPS® Peepsters® (bite sized chocolate candies filled with sweet marshmallow crème)
I thought I would try to make some different candies from the PEEPS® for this Easter season. I’ll be sharing a few different treats with you, the first of which is Chocolate Covered Bunnies! They are really quick, easy and SO yummy!
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- PEEPS® Marshmallow Bunnies
- Mini Marshmallows
- Pop sticks or wooden skewers
- Wax paper
STEP ONE: Melt chocolate chips in microwave. To do this, put chocolate chips in microwave safe dish and microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after every 30 second interval. You want to make sure you don’t over cook the chocolate or it will re-harden itself rather than get soupy. Once there are no lumps, it’s ready to use.
STEP FOUR: Leave the chocolate dipped bunnies on the wax paper until completely dry / hardened. Just keep in mind, that when using chocolate chips – it takes longer to dry/harden than chocolate melts do, but it tastes much better!Once they have dried – you are ready to package up or eat! They taste so good and the sugar-coating on the PEEPS® give these bunnies just a tiny little crunch, which makes it even better!