I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #EatMoreBites
Raise your hand if you are excited for the long weekend coming up? I am! I am! To me, Memorial Day Weekend is the kick off of summer. The summer brings neighborhood block parties, BBQ’s, family trips, friendly gatherings, birthday parties and just great family time. Anytime there is an event to go to – you probably are looking for a yummy dessert recipe to whip up as well, right? Well, I have found a great recipe and put together how to make it – I think your friends will love it too; Salted Caramel TWIX® Trifles (served in small mason jars!).
INDIVIDUAL SALTED CARAMEL TWIX TRIFLES
- TWIX Bites
- 1 Box Instant Chocolate Pudding (prepared)
- 1 Jar Hot Fudge Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 6 tbsp. Water
- 2/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
This trifle will take a few different steps to create. The first step, and probably the longest step is making the Salted Caramel from scratch! So let’s start with that.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- Add water and sugar to a small saucepan and stir together. Bring to a bowl at medium-high. Do not stir.
- Let boil, without stirring, for 5-7 minutes on medium heat until mixture turns a golden color. Watch carefully as the color will change from clear to golden, very quickly.
- Once it has turned golden color, remove from heat immediately and slowly pour in heavy cream & Vanilla. Beware the mixture will expand quickly, bubble and possibly splatter – be careful and keep stirring!
- Once the mixture has smoothed out, let sit for a few minutes to come to room temperature. (Note: I had a few clumps of caramel that i removed before) While that is sitting, add cream cheese into stand mixer bowl and mix on medium speed for 1 minute. Slowly add in room temperature caramel sauce and powdered sugar until well mixed. Set aside.
You can see the full process in this video:
Now that the salted caramel sauce/pudding is done – the rest is easy!
- Cut up a bag of TWIX Bites in half to put in and on top of the individual desserts.
- Take out your mason jars or individual serving bowls and add a layer of Hot Fudge, a layer of Chocolate Pudding and a few TWIX Bites!
- Spoon on a layer of the Salted Caramel Sauce/Pudding mixture.
- Finish with a layer of Whipped Cream when you are ready to serve and top with more TWIX Bites! You’re ready to eat now!
How yummy does this look? Oh, and don’t worry – it’s all calorie free!! I wish, but it’s worth it! These are great to make a head of time (minus the whipped cream) and store in the mason jars until party time. You could also make these in a larger trifle dish.
If you want to make this recipe too for your next block party, a Memorial Day BBQ or family get together, head to Walmart to the Candy aisle and buy some TWIX Bites! If you decide to buy some, remember this offer:
Receive $1.00 off TWIX unwrapped bites when you buy two 2.83 oz. or larger bags OR $3.00 off when you buy two 6 oz. or larger bags. Use THIS coupon!