It’s almost the summertime and with summertime comes the desire to go on a family vacation. The kids are out of school and you want to give them some exciting experiences. Although we all wish we could take a big family vacation each year to say, Disney World or the Beach, for many it just isn’t an option. Everyone has so many expenses and not enough “extra” money, that a vacation just isn’t in the cards. But a Staycation may very well be! I have put together a list of 15 Staycation Ideas for the Dallas Fort Worth Area in Texas. Save just a little bit of money and you can have a family weekend full of fun local events! But first, let’s talk about how to save that money! I recently found a way to easily save $450 just by switching one bill that we pay. If I did more research, I bet I could find even more areas to save in, that wouldn’t change our way of life at all! How can I save $450 with just a few clicks? AutoInsurance.com! AutoInsurance.com is an auto insurance comparison tool that allows you to save!
With www.AutoInsurance.com, consumers have access to compare real-time quotes directly from top carriers, and policies can be purchased directly through the site or via phone with one of their licensed agents.
AutoInsurance.com is so easy to enter in your information and it compares a number of different insurance carriers to find the best options for you. I found this site and tried it out right away. It was super easy and only took a few minutes. The site will walk you through 4 easy steps and then instantly give you a number of quotes!
I entered in my address and phone number and off the site went finding everything it needed.
The site found which vehicles were registered to my name and ask me a few questions about how we drove our cars and driver information/driving history. Then I answered a few coverage level question sand I was ready to get my quote! Here are the quotes that I found. The Progressive quote is over $200 cheaper per 6 month period than what I am paying right now. That is a huge savings! Enough of a savings to give the family a fun Staycation weekend here in DFW!
So now that you have learned how to save on your auto insurance, what are you going to do with that extra money? Well, sometimes you can’t get everyone on a plane to get somewhere with your savings, but you surely can take a Staycation! Staycations are a new type of vacation (we have all been doing them for years, but they finally have a name!). For a Staycation, you take some time off from the daily routine and go explore some local attractions and HAVE FUN!
So while thinking of a Staycation we can do as a family, I have come up with 15 Staycations in the Dallas Fort Worth area!
15 Staycations in Dallas Fort Worth, Texas
- Spend the day at Six Flags
- Head to a one of the many local water parks (NRH20, Hurricane Harbor, Hawaiian Falls)
- Spend the day in Grapevine at Lego Land & SeaLife Aquarium + Movie at AMC Fork & Screen!
- Take the Family Camping (you get to leave the house and if you have the equipment, camping spots are inexpensive!)
- Tour the Cowboys Stadium and then Go to a Rangers Game in Arlington.
- Spend the day in Fort Worth going to the Stockyards, Sundance Square and the Botanical Gardens.
- Spend a night at the Great Wolf Lodge
- Spend a night at the The Gaylord Texan + their own Waterpark
- Spend the day in Dallas visiting the Main Street Garden, The Grassy Knoll and Dallas Arboretum
- Go to the Dallas Zoo & World Aquarium
- Fossil Rim + Dinosaur World in Glen Rose
- Ripley Believe It or Not + Louis Tussaud’s Palace of Wax in Grand Prairie
- Lonestar Race Track
- Fort Worth Cats Game or Grand Prairie Air Hogs
- Visit the Perot Museum (reserve your tickets online for the morning) then walk to Klyde Warren Park for lunch from the food trucks and play in the splash park!
So if any of these staycation ideas sound good to you – and you live in Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Louisiana, Tennessee or Mississippi – you really should check out AutoInsurance.com and you may able to save big too! Also, there is no cost associated with searching and comparing quotes – consumers can obtain a quote with no obligation to buy, giving them the control they want without the added pressure to purchase, consumers get a transparent and unbiased comparison to help them realize significant savings and have a greater piece of mind. So what are you waiting for? Go compare and start planning the perfect family staycation in Dallas!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of #compare2win and #collectivebias. All opinions are 100% my own.