Today, Laura from We Got the Funk is sharing a fun and easy kid’s craft with you! Enjoy!
Hello! I am Laura and I write a little piece of chaos over at We Got the Funk about family, life as a high school teacher and most of all the trials and tribulations of parenting two tiny people while managing all that life throws at us. I also dabble in anything that I deem fun, tasty, exciting and most of all good for families.
Today I thought I would share with you a fun, inexpensive craft that you and your little ones can do.
This craft is incredibly easy and very inexpensive…in fact I found all of this in a bunch of old boxes at my parents house, so it was free.
Step 1: Gather your supplies
- Old marbles (or new)
- Stick (found at the park)
- Some sort of flower
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Googly eyes
- Pipe Cleaners
Step 2: Glue on Flower
- Using your hot glue gun, glue the flower onto the shorter end of the stick. I say this because you want the longer end for your little caterpillar guy.
Step 3: Glue on Marbles
- Glue your marbles, one by one onto the stick.
Step 4: Make the head and finish the caterpillar
- Choose one marble to be the head and glue two small googly eyes on.
- Then cut a small piece of pipe cleaner and fold it in a V-shape and secure it to the marble using the hot glue as well.
- Finally, attach the head to the body on the stick using the glue gun.
Voila! You have a quick and easy craft that your kids will love. My son has made about 10 of these little guys and keeps placing them all over. He is a bit messy with the glue, but to me it just makes those crafts a bit more special.
If you enjoyed this, please Pin and Share it! Have a fantastic day and Thanks Heather for letting me take over your world for the day!