This week is Just Between Friends Fort Worth time and that means now that all my prepping of items to consign, it is time to shop! Lennox has pretty much NO clothes for this fall / winter since she grew so much over the past year. I have my list (in my head) ready, so its time to shop ’til I drop!
Every sale I look for new tips and tricks from other seasoned consignment shoppers. This year I thought I would put together a list of some of the best posts out there so that you too, can learn how to shop a kid’s consignment sale like a pro!
Tips for Buying Clothes that FIT!
I never bring my daughter with me when I do my consignment shopping – that just sounds like a terrible idea to me! She would be running around like a crazy person! Well, I found some tips online for buying clothes that will actually fit and they have ended up working out great for me!
- Shirt and Pant Length – This tip comes from Froggy and the Mouse – Measure your child’s arms and leg length and then mark that length on your arms (if you can) so that each time you hold up an item – you know if it will fit! If you have a taller kid or don’t want to mark your arm – you can always cut string in those lengths and bring them with you! It should give you the best idea if the item fits!
- The Right Size Shoes – Shoes are a big one for me when I go shopping. Kids grow out of shoes so fast, especially dress shoes – that I hate to pay full price. I have found that tracing my daughter’s foot onto card stock and then cutting it out – lets me slip the paper into a shoe to see how it would fit! You can see how I do this here.
How to Find the Best Deals
Finding the best deals is what makes Consignment shopping so much fun to me! If you go in with a list, knowledge and are prepared to look around for quite some time – you will leave with some great buys! I put together 5 ways to find the Best Deal – you can find that here. To highlight:
- Shop Early!
- Make a Good List!
- Know the Brands
- Plan your Time
- Attend the 1/2 Price Sales
- 10 Tips for Shopping at Consignment Sales from Real Life Notes
- Insider Tips for Shopping Consignment Sales like a ROCKSTAR from Making Lemonade
- Shopping and Selling Tips from Two Moms and a Kid
- Confessions of a Consignment Sale Junkie from Alamo City Mom Blog
For everything else consignment themed that I have written about – check out my consignment posts here. Happy Shopping!