As I mentioned the other week – football season is upon us and this house likes some football, especially Lennox & Daddy! Down here in Texas college football is VERY popular and you are a clear cut fan of one team or another. In our house, as they say, we bleed burnt orange! We are Texas Longhorn fans! Ever since Lennox was little, she has worn burnt orange, had longhorn toys, books and jersey’s. At an early age, Kyle taught her how to do Hook’em Horns too! Now every time she see’s a picture of a Longhorns symbol, a real longhorn or anything along those lines she will yell out, PUT YOUR HORNS UP! HOOK’EM HORNS! It’s pretty darn cute! Anyway, with football season coming, another fun and family/kid friendly snack is in order – this time an old time favorite – JELL-O! Here is another recipe to add to your football game day food!
JELL-O is now offering a big line of college football molds! You can pick a favorite college football team and make JELL-O in the shape of their logo or mascot! When I saw that they had Longhorns, I knew I had to try it out! Making just the JELL-O Jigglers type snacks are great for kids but I wanted to find something that was fun and different!I came across some recipes for JELL-O Jiggler Cakes and thought it would be the perfect treat! It really was quite easy to make too! Just follow the steps below and you will soon have a great end of summer treat as well as a great and easy dessert for a football get together!
What you will need:
- Texas Longhorns JELL-O Jigglers Mold Kit
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 Boxes of your favorite JELL-O
- 1 Whipped Frosting (Cool Whip or homemade)
- 2 envelopes of Unflavored Gelatin.
- Add your 3-4 Boxes of favorite flavor of JELL-O to 1 cup (per box) of boiling water. I made 3 boxes, so I boiled 3 cups of water. Stir until completely dissolved. This will be used for the jigglers inside your cake. You can do all one color or make a few smaller batches if you want multiple colors. DO NOT ADD THE COLD WATER AS INDICATED ON THE PACKAGE.
- Pour the JELL-O into a container and place in refrigerator until firm. Any type of container is ok as you will be cutting up the JELL-O once firm.
- While you are waiting for that JELL-O to set completely, you can also prepare your Football themed JELL-O! Follow the directions on the box (note: you will use a different amount of water than on the actually box of JELL-O mix so read your box carefully)
- Once the pan of JELL-O is firm, remove and cut into small squares. Place all of the pieces into a cake pan. Lennox had a blast with this part!
- Boil 2 cups of water and add in 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin. Stir until completely dissolved – this may take a little longer than flavored JELL-O for some reason!
- Once all dissolved, pour in 1 can of sweetened condensed milk! Remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
- Once the sweetened condensed milk mixture is at room temperature, pour over your JELL-O squares to fill the pan!
- Place in fridge until completely firm! I let mine sit in the fridge overnight actually, just to make life easy!
- Once you are ready to frost your JELL-O cake, remove from pan, frost with Cool Whip!
- Once the cake was all ready and frosted, I removed my Texas Longhorn JELL-O Jigglers from their molds and decorated the cake!
- Cut and Serve!
You can find these football themed JELL-O molds at Walmart in the JELL-O / Baking Aisle as well as online! They have a wide range of universities listed and store pickup is available! Right now you can save an extra $.75 as well by using this online coupon.
Enjoy the kickoff of the football season and have fun with it! I did mention we love the Longhorns right?
Don’t forget to get your horns up! Hook’em!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post for #CollectiveBias and the #TeamJellO campaign. All opinions and photos are 100% my own.