Every have days where you just need a Mommy time out? If you said no, you must not have a 2, 3, 4 or 5 year old at home. Ha! I love being a Mom, of course, and taking care of Lennox, playing with her, having fun and being together as a family – but sometimes, I just need a few minutes to get myself back together! Although, that isn’t always possible – finding something fun to do when she takes a nap, goes to a friend’s house to play or even after bedtime, really helps give your mind a break from being Mommy! Blogging has become my number one hobby ever since I became a Mom and I love it! Even though I am blogging about our family and everything having to do with being a family – it is still giving me something to do and somewhat escape, get my thoughts out and be creative. Other than blogging, another fun thing both Kyle and I both like to do is playing video games. The other week I mentioned that a new The Sims™ 4 game was about to be released – well this week, it was released!
I knew playing The Sims™ 4, would be a fun, yet still creative and easy way to get a Mommy time out! So, I ran into Walmart the other day after work to pick up the newest game. I found a whole section of Sims games and even SIMCITY which I got a little excited about too! Remember how I mentioned that is how I first started with Sims in the first place?!
Anyway, once Lennox went off to bed the other night, I installed it and started creating my little Sims family! Lennox looks a little bigger than she really is and Kyle needs to be taller – but I couldn’t figure out how to do that!
Honestly, I hadn’t played Sims for quite some time so it is very different – yet still very familiar! The Sims language still makes me giggle and the way you can customize everything to be exactly the way you want it, it somewhat refreshing for a Mom!
It’s really fun to find ways to have your Sim family interact with each other. Whether it’s telling a “funny” joke to a neighbor or flirting with your spouse – the reactions and Sims voices crack me up!
So when you are ready to pull your hair out a little and need a Mommy time out too – try one of these 10 ideas I have listed below!
10 IDEAS FOR A MOMMY TIME OUT
- Play a computer/video game (eh hem, The Sims™ 4!)
- Start a blog, about anything!
- Tackle some DIY crafts (This requires surfing Pinterest – we all love Pinterest, right?)
- Workout – This isn’t relaxing to me but I know so many people who love the escape of working out!
- Read a new book series or cross some classics off your reading list!
- Grab your iPod and go for a walk around the neighborhood or park.
- Relax and watch a new streaming television series (Recently I had some relaxing time watching Orange is the New Black and all 6 seasons of Nurse Jackie!)
- Plan a girls night with other moms in your neighborhood!
- It can be as simple as taking a nap! Remember how everyone says, sleep when the baby sleeps and we never do? Take a rest when you can – the dishes, the laundry and the cleaning can all wait!
- Do something for yourself! Go out shopping, grab a meal by yourself – in peace! Get a manicure/pedicure!
Be sure to enter the SIMify yourself Facebook Contest here: https://www.facebook.com/simifyyourself. There are $8000 in prizes to be won including the grand prize where you could win a trip to Maxis studio in California! See the official rules.
So what will you do to take a mommy time out! Will you try out The Sims™ 4? I think you should!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post for #CollectiveBias and the #TheSims4 campaign. All opinions and photos are 100% my own.