Good old H2O was never my drink of choice growing up. When I moved to Texas, water and unsweetened iced tea (pretty much water!) became my #1 drink of choice. The weather is so much drier here, it’s hot and water just seems to be something that you start drinking when that is the case. We have a fridge a fridge that dispenses water, but it seems like the filter always needs replacing and our water supply keeps changing within the city. With this, we decided to purchase a 5 Gallon bottle of Ozarka water. We don’t have a water dispenser in our house, but we do have a hand pump – which is so much easier and cheaper in my opinion ($10!).
We usually do our shopping at Walmart but they unfortunately don’t carry these large 5 Gallon bottles of Ozarka, if they did – that would be really convenient since I’m in and out so often. Instead, we swung by our local grocery store and picked one up.
The first bottle is a little more expensive but each subsequent bottle is cheaper – since you can recycle the empty bottle for a discount! Also – I found out that the bottles are BPA free, which is great news! Make sure if you are drinking your water in a plastic bottle, its BPA free too!
The day that we purchased our first 5 gallon bottle of Ozarka water, Lennox drank 3 sports bottles worth of water within the first hour! I guess she though it was fun to have a new bottle for her water and a new way to get water!
She also chose water with her snack, instead of juice or something else sugary!
I still find it hard to drink enough of water throughout the day. there are days I will get home from work and realized I only drank something at lunch, and nothing more! That is not good at all! So in an effort to try to drink more water – I researched the topic and found a lot of great ideas on how to drink more water each day. Here is a list of the best ways to drink more water everyday!
10 Ways to Drink More Water Everyday
- Every time you eat out – order water! Before your meal comes, try to drink one full glass of water. Before you get up after paying for your meal, drink whatever water is let in the glass!
- Always have a cup of water (with a straw) or water bottle on your work desk. Drinking with a straw allows you to take larger gulps of water and drink more water throughout the day. Having it readily available while you are working away each day, encourages you to drink more water!
- Drink a glass of water when you wake up in the morning, before starting your day. Sometimes I find plain water unappetizing in the morning, so add some extra flavor to it!
- Water doesn’t always have to be straight water – mix it with another drink, fruit or flavoring. A slice of orange or lemon, mix a little fruit juice with it (I love adding No Sugar Added Cranberry juice!) or even a cup of tea! You can buy lots of flavor enhancers as well that are handy to keep at home or in your work desk.
- Drink a large glass of water before bedtime – this will keep you hydrated over night as well as help you sleep better!
- Add a water dispenser in your house. Some places don’t have the best tasting tap water and for some reason having filtered or purified water available – encourages everyone to drink more water throughout the day! Try Ozarka!
- Try a water app for your phone – I recommend Waterlogged!
- Just can’t get enough drinking water in throughout the day – try eating foods that are high in water:
- Cucumbers = 96%
- Celery = 94%
- Tomato = 94%
- Watermelon = 91%
- Egg = 74%
- Down a glass of water before taking a shower – this helps lower your blood pressure.
- Challenge a friend, coworker or spouse to see who can drink more water throughout the day!
I am going to try to incorporate a lot more water into my daily routine, through many of these ideas! I know it will make me feel better and it is good for me!
How do you make sure you drink enough water each day?
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post for #CollectiveBias and the #HealthyHydration #ad campaign. All opinions and photos are 100% my own.