If you follow us on Instagram, it’s no secret that we love Cracker Barrel! We almost always go on Saturday’s for breakfast or lunch. Although, their Chicken & Rice is one of our favorites – my ultimate favorite, that they no longer offer is the Cheddar Broccoli Chicken Casserole!
Friday night I decided to try and re-create the meal! Although it wasn’t 100% the same – it still came out really tasty and it was really easy to make. It also provides a good amount of leftovers, which is always a bonus when you are busy! Here is the recipe, I recommend trying it!
- 2 large / 4 small chicken breasts
- 1 cup milk
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 12 oz (1 bag) of frozen broccoli florets
- 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts into medium size strips or pieces and spread on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the cheddar cheese soup and milk together until most all of the lumps are gone.
- Pour the mixture over all of the chicken.
- Put the frozen broccoli florets on top of the chicken and soup mixture.
- Sprinkle the crushed ritz crackers all over the casserole.
- Spinkle the shredded cheddar cheese all over the casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy!