Lennox is all signed up and ready to start her dance class this week. If you haven’t seen her tip tapping away yet – you have to check out this video. When I purchased her some tap shoes at the Just Between Friends consignment sale the other week, I didn’t realize that many of them didn’t come with laces or clips to keep them closed!
After researching it a little – there were many different things that people use but since she doesn’t know how to tie yet, I decided to make her some tap shoe button ties! These were super easy to make and cost almost nothing! I could make 5 sets of them for under $3.00!
What you will need:
- Buttons with the bottom loop instead of holes
- Small elastic bands (you can use small hair ties)
How to make:
- Fold an elastic band in half and push through the button loop.
- Using tweezers, pull the band through the loop and pull the other end of the elastic through to make a knot.
- Put the other end of the elastic band through one lace hole of tap shoe.
- Put shoe on and loop over button to make a closure.
That’s it! I gave the them to Lennox, who asked me if I made the buttons myself! She was able to put them on and off without any help – hopefully her dance teacher appreciates these more than laces!
Before dance class day at school this past week, we even made a quick hair accessory to match!