I’ve mentioned before that we love Princesses and Superheroes in this house! I think Kyle LOVES the fact that Lennox is all into superheros. One of Lennox’s favorite superheros, after Hawkgirl, is Captain America! She loves to run around and pretend she is protecting the world from bad guys! When we heard that Captain American: The Winter Soldier was coming out on DVD soon, we decided to have a fun superhero themed family movie night!
The first thing that we decided to do was make some Captain America Shields. I was able to get this craft together and complete for about $3 for 3 shields – super cheap and easy! Lennox had SO much fun making and playing with these Captain America shields. Your superhero fan is sure to love this craft too!
DIY Captain America Shield
What you will need:
- Round Aluminum Disposable Pie Pans (3 pack available at Dollar Tree)
- Red, White & Blue Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Strip of card board
- Hot glue gun
- First decide if you want the shield to be red white and blue, or red silver and blue. If you want it to be white – paint the whole back of the pizza pan white and let dry.
- Once dry, trade the shield layers and start onto the pizza pan. I traced different size plates from the kitchen to make the circles and then drew a star in the middle.
- Once you have your lines sketched out – start painting each circle the appropriate color!
- Once all painted – let dry.
- Once dry, it is time to make a handle on the back of your Captain America shield! Turn over the shield and take your strip of cardboard. Fold the cardboard strip in half and then making small folds on each end.
- Put a line of hot glue on each end and press onto the back of the shield. Make sure to leave the cardboard bent some so that it can be a handle! Now it’s time to play! Here is Lennox’s best “Captain America” pose!
After we had finished creating our DIY Captain America shield, it was time to settle in for the evening, have some yummy treats and watch the Avengers in preparation for the new Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie, releasing on September 9th. Lennox just loves her superheros!
Earlier that day, I had gone to Walmart to buy all our movie night supplies and decided to make a M&M’s® Cookie Pie! I headed to the candy aisle and picked up some M&M’s. The Mini M&M’s are great for baking if you haven’t tried them yet!
M&M’s® Candy Cookie Pie
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large back of M&M’s®
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the brown sugar and butter until well mixed.
- Add in the egg and continue mixing slowly.
- Add in the brown sugar and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour and baking soda. Slowly add to mixing bowl until all mixed together.
- Pour in 1 bag of M&M’s®. I used Mini M&M’s but you could use any size or variety you desire!
- Pour batter into a greased/non-stick pie pan.
- Bake 30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
** GIVEAWAY **
Try your luck at winning 1 of 10 $100 Walmart Gift Cards! All you will need to do is visit a brand new sitewww.heroeseatmms.com and take the “Which MARVEL® Super Here Are You?” quiz or the “Which M&M’s® Character Are You?” quiz! Comment on this blog post and then use the rafflecopter below to win!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post for #CollectiveBias and the #HeroesEatMMs campaign. All opinions and photos are 100% my own.