Homemade No-Peel Applesauce
- 3 pounds of apples (any variety – I picked up Gala apples)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- With an apple corer/slicer – cut all apples into 6-8 slices, removing the core. No need to peel the apples.
- Place all the apples into a LARGE pot.
- Pour in 1 cup of unsweetened apple juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes, covered. Stirring once or twice.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon & Nutmeg to desired flavor as needed.
- Take cover off, and let simmer for another 8-10 minutes. If all the liquid seems to be gone, add in a little water (1/4 cup).
- Remove from heat and let sit in pan for 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the apples into applesauce.
- Put into storage containers and refrigerate. Once cooled, enjoy!