When you think of Sam’s Club, most people probably think of buying 48 rolls of paper towels or 5 boxes of cereal. What some people may not know is that you can find a lot of everyday items in reasonable sizes. Buying those 48 rolls of toilet paper is convenient, as long as you have somewhere to store it – but buying food items for recipes you are making, especially around the holidays or back to school season, is really easy! I headed to Sam’s Wholesale Club with my friend, Diana, last week to show her everything Sam’s Club had to offer. I also picked up a few items we were needing and ingredients for a new recipe I wanted to try out this weekend!
Sam’s Club is great this time of year, as they start having all their holiday items out. I love picking up Halloween candy, Christmas decor and even Christmas wrapping paper and ribbon (you can’t beat the prices!). My friend Diana, enjoyed looking at the clothes and household items. Sam’s Club is even having an open house event soon. During the open house you will be able to check out your local club store and all the member services, find out about the many members savings and even purchase your membership!
While at Sam’s Club, I picked up some ingredients to make Homemade Applesauce! You need a good number of apples to make this, so buying them at Sam’s Club was ideal – I was able to get over 3 pounds of apples for $5! It turned out so delicious that I wanted to share the recipe with you!
Homemade No-Peel Applesauce
- 3 pounds of apples (any variety – I picked up Gala apples)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- With an apple corer/slicer – cut all apples into 6-8 slices, removing the core. No need to peel the apples!
- Place all the apples into a LARGE pot!
- Pour in 1 cup of unsweetened apple juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes, covered. Stirring once or twice.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon & Nutmeg to desired flavor as needed.
- Take cover off, and let simmer for another 8-10 minutes. If all the liquid seems to be gone, add in a little water (1/4 cup).
- Remove from heat and let sit in pan for 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the apples into applesauce.
- Put into storage containers and refrigerate. Once cooled, enjoy!
So as you can see, you don’t need to be making a feast for the whole family to shop at Sam’s Club! There are many items that you can purchase to stock up on, but there are also many times that are good for one recipe! I hope you enjoy making this super easy applesauce recipe as much as I did – it is so yummy and I plan on making it over and over again. I will be heading to Sam’s Club again soon for sure and I hope you will too!
What are your favorite items to purchase at Sam’s Club?
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post for #CollectiveBias and the #TrySamsClub campaign. All opinions and photos are 100% my own.