We’re in Halloween mode over here, which means Lennox is making Halloween themed crafts all the time.Finding easy kid friendly crafts is always my goal so when I tried this paper plate pumpkin craft, it was perfect and most likely you have all the materials around your house already! Lennox was able to do most of the steps by herself – which in my eyes, is even better! She made a happy/traditional pumpkin and then a sad one (because the other pumpkin was mean to it!) Crazy girl. Anyway, here are the steps to create these with your little ones! Happy Halloween!
Paper Plate Pumpkins
What you will need:
- Round Paper Plates
- Construction Paper
- Orange Paint
- Green Paint
- Paint Brushes
How to make:
- Paint the whole back of a paper plate with orange paint.
- While the paper plate (pumpkin) is drying, make some green handprints which you will use for leaves.
- Cut out small pieces of black or brown for stems. Cut out the handprints for leaves.
- Glue on the stem, onto the front of the paper plate.
- Glue the handprint onto the pumpkin.
- Create a jack-o-lantern face and let dry!