Are you having a Halloween party? Or do you sometimes have guests stop by at the last minute and then scramble to get something to drink for them? There are always options like soda, juice or beer, that are high calorie, but with all the other candy and treats of the holidays and Halloween, how about having something in the pantry that would let you make a low calorie party drink that is still tasty? Crystal Light is a great option!
I try not to drink a lot of soda and other high calorie drinks, but sometimes water gets boring! I once told you how to drink more water each day, but today – let’s try a different type of water – just in time for the Halloween holiday! This week I came up with what I call the Candy Corn Cooler. This is a “cocktail”, which is a cocktail without the alcohol. Feel free to make this into an adult beverage too!
Candy Corn Cooler Mocktail
Serving: 4 Glasses
- Natural Lemonade Crystal Light On the Go Packet
- Tropical Coconut Crystal Light Liquid Drops
- Sparkling Mineral Water
- Sugar (colored in a festive color) optional
How to Make 4 Glasses:
- How to Make Color Tinted Sugar: If you are going to put sugar on the rim, and want to add some color to your glass, all you need to do is put some sugar in a ziplock back and a few drops of food coloring. Mix it together and pour onto a plate or shallow bowl. Wet the rim of the glass and dip the glass into the sugar!
- Add ice to your cup and any garnish (candy corn, lemon, orange, cranberries)
- In either a pitcher or shaker – mix together some Sparkling Mineral Water, (1) Crystal Light Natural Lemonade Packet, 3-4 liquid drops of Crystal Light Tropical Coconut. Note: If using a shaker, only shake once or twice, gently – as the carbonation will make it pop open (I may have made this mistake!)
- Pour over ice and serve!
This is a refreshing low calorie drink that is fruity and a bit interesting in flavor! The combination of lemon and coconut with a hint of pineapple is very refreshing! If you do not add the sugar you have a drink that is only 5-10 calories!
Next time you are going to pick up some Crystal Light, you need to head to Walmart to purchase it so that you can take part in the latest rewards program that they have, featuring Miranda Lambert (Voice fans .. Blake’s wife)!
This rewards program is called Platinum Points! The program is simple. Create an account with Platinum Points, buy participating CRYSTAL LIGHT products at Walmart stores, scan your receipt, and earn rewards points! At the end of the program, they will randomly select one winner. All purchases must be made by December 31, 2014, receipts submissions must be submitted by November 15, 2014, and points redemptions must be submitted by January 15, 2015. See Official Rules for details.
In the meantime, pick up all the yummy, low calorie Crystal Light flavors and have fun making your own festive party drinks!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post for #CollectiveBias and the #PlatinumPoints campaign. All photos and opinions are 100% my own!