When you have children, or even just one child, everyone tells you the house work (including laundry) can wait. It’s true, sometimes it can wait – but let’s get real – it can’t wait forever! Even with doing laundry all the time, we still tend to have a mountain of dirty clothes in each laundry basket. It’s a never ending battle. Have I mentioned that Kyle and Lennox are twins? And have I mentioned that they are twins because they change their clothes SO MUCH! All that changing? It creates a lot of laundry. At least I found a new fabric softener to make it all smell good! Anyone that knows us in real life, is probably now laughing – BECAUSE IT’S SO TRUE!
Anyway, while buying new laundry detergent and fabric softener at Walmart, I found Suavitel Fast Dry. The bottle said that it helps dry your clothes 30% faster, so I had to give it a try! It smelled great too!
Suavitel Fast Dry lets you do your laundry faster, so that you have more time to spend with your family and do something FUN! There is nothing worse than waiting for your dryer to finish so you can leave!
So with that extra time? I took the opportunity to try out a fun snack recipe that I had heard about, just in time for Lennox’s first slumber party (with a non-family member!). I decided to try and make Mini Caramel Apples! The perfect dessert or snack for a little girl slumber party – in the fall – right? It’s somewhat healthy — it has apples… right? Ha! Anyway, here is how to make them incase you want to try it out too! Super easy, super yummy!
Mini Caramel Apples
What you will need:
- 2 Apples
- Cake pop sticks / candy sticks(cut in half)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Wax Paper / Silicone Mat
How to Make:
- Wash and dry your apples – having them at room temperature rather than straight out of the fridge – is best as well.
- Using a melon-baller – make small balls out of the apple – leaving some skin on each piece of apple is ok!
- Once you have made all the apple balls that you wish, put half a bag of caramel pieces (full bag if makin ga lot of mini caramel apples) into a microwave safe dish with a splash of water. Microwave in 20-30 second intervals, string after each one, until melted. The water helps make the caramel a little thinner.
- While you are waiting for the caramel to finish, go ahead and start putting the candy sticks into the apples so that they are ready to dip.
- Once the Caramel is melted, start dipping the apples into the caramel.
- Sprinkle the dipped apple with sprinkles if you desire.
- Place onto wax paper (on a cutting board or dish that can easily be moved to the fridge when done).
Once all done – move to the fridge, chill and serve! This is a great treat for kids during the fall holidays or any time of the year really! Just enough sweet without having to have the mess (and change of clothes!) of a full caramel or candy apple!
So what would you do with that extra time that you aren’t waiting around for the laundry to be done? A Halloween craft? Playing dress up with your little one? Going to the pumpkin patch? The opportunities are endless – so take advantage of that time and go have some fun with your kids (instead of waiting for the laundry to finish!).
Note: This is a sponsored post for #CollectiveBias and the #FastDrySaveTime campaign. All photos and opinions are 100% my own!