Kyle and I used to go to the movies almost every weekend before we had Lennox. Whatever the newest movie that had just come out, we probably saw it. Now that we have Lennox, we obviously are not going out every weekend, so we don’t get to see all the newest movies or even have date nights as often. We go about our normal routine and once Lennox goes off to bed – we tend to get stuck in the same routine of doing our own thing rather than spending time together. So much has to get done in such a little amount of time – but it’s important to take a break from everything around you and have a date night with your significant other – even if it’s a date within your home! A movie night in, is an easy way to do this (plus, it’s much cheaper!). Put the computer away, put the phones away – get yourself some snacks, a favorite movie and enjoy!
There are some movies we just tend to watch over and over. Every time I see the Hangover on TV, I always stop to watch a little of it; Old School used to be the one I stopped for. They are so funny – and of course, every time I see the Hangover, I then want to go to Vegas – but that’s beside the point! Anyway, when I was at Walmart the other week I saw they had added a bunch of new movies to their discount display. For only $7 you could get some great movies! Hangover was one of them! They also had Harry Potter, Horrible Bosses and The Dark Knight, plus many more! I picked it up so that we had it in our ever-growing movie collection – it’s mindless fun!
But – you can’t watch a movie without popcorn and candy right? I made two yummy snacks that were quick and easy as soon as Lennox headed to bed!
Homemade Simply Vanilla and M&M Ice Cream
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 1-2 Packages of M&M’s®
- In a large bowl, mix together the milk, cream, vanilla, salt & sugar until well mixed and sugar has dissolved.
- Turn on the ice cream maker and pour the bowl of sugary milk into the frozen container. (Refer to your ice cream maker to see if directions for starting the ice cream making process differs.)
- While the ice cream mixture starts to thicken, take your bag or box of M&M’s®
and crush up the M&Ms into smaller pieces.
- Add them into the ice cream mixture before it gets too thick.
- Let churn for 15 minutes or until desired thickness is met. Pour into freezer safe container, sprinkle with leftover M&M’s and enjoy! For a harder ice cream, freeze for 1-2 hours prior to serving.
The other snack I made while the ice cream was being made was some simple Orville Redenbacher’s Movie Theater Butter Popcorn! I love the new pop up bowl bags they have now too – less dishes for me to clean after! I added in some of the left over M&M’s® and chocolate chips and let it melt a little – a sweet and salty movie snack in just a few minutes! Easy enough!
So if you are looking to spend a night in – or feel like you need to spend a little more time together at home – grab a movie or two, a few snacks and enjoy the night! Look for these displays at your local Walmart. Before you head out, you can check to see if your local Walmart has this display and participating titles by clicking here. Enjoy the show!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post for #CollectiveBias and the #MovieNight4Less campaign. All photos and opinions are 100% my own!