This is part of the #OneSmartDifference #CollectiveBias campaign.
I have shared stories about our pup, Daisy Mae, before – but this next week is a special week for her! It’s her Birthday week! The little puppy that we picked up at the airport and brought home a few months after buying our first home, is now going to be SEVEN years old! I can’t believe how fast those 7 years have gone – but she is still our BIG baby! Now that she is getting older, even if we don’t want to admit it, she is turning into a “mature” senior dog. She may not always act mature, haha, but we have to make sure we take care of her like a senior dog. Making sure that she gets enough exercise to keep her healthy and happy, and making sure that she has the right dog food for her dietary needs! Before I show you how BIG she is now.. Let’s look at the days when she was just a little thing!
Here are her mom and dad, Duke & Dutchess. Kyle found Daisy online by chance and instantly fell in love with her. I had never even heard of her breed, a Black & Tan Coonhound, but with a little research we learned that she would grow to be a very sweet pup.
Daisy was born in Oklahoma, but we were able to pick her up here in Texas. She was just a few months old, and still a big baby! She wasn’t quite sure about this walking on a leash but she soon learned to love it and her new home! Here is Kyle with her on our first walk and first day in Texas!
She was so cute and little, and a little crazy! Flash forward to when Lennox was born. She immediately knew it was a little person who she had to be careful around and would protect her will all her might!
She now has grown into a big beautiful dog! She is the sweetest dog and I can’t believe she is already almost 7 years old. Our little baby, is no longer a little baby!
Now that she is getting older, we have noticed that she gets a little stiff at times, drier skin, less energy – so it’s time to make sure we are taking care of her and giving her a good senior dog food. Daisy Mae also seems to get bored with her food after a while. I guess if you ate the same thing, day in and day out, you may get bored too! So we sometimes add in a few extra treats for her – to get her motivated to eat when she is being EXTRA lazy!!
5 Healthy Additions to Dry Dog Food
We still use our current dog food (now Purina ONE) but we add healthy add-ins, such as:
- Carrots and other Veggies (Daisy loves baby carrots!)
- Yogurt – plain non-fat or low-fat would be the best idea so you don’t give your dog any unneeded sugar. It is also a great source of Probiotics
- Steamed / Boiled Chicken
- Fruits (berries are great antioxidants!)
Purina ONE 28-Day Challenge
So now that we have gotten Daisy more excited about her food – we are ready to start the Purina ONE 28-Day Challenge. When we saw the 28-day challenge for cats, we looked to see if there was one for dogs too and there is! I ordered some on Amazon and received it in just a day with Amazon Prime! I think Daisy could even smell it through the box when it was delivered!
With the Purina ONE 28 Day Challenge, Purina ONE believes you will see:
- Day 1+: Taste: When your dog loves the taste of his food, it can make all the difference
- Day 7+: Energy: An optimal blend of ingredients provides the energy your dog needs
- Day 14+: Digestibility: Highly digestible food helps more nutrients go to work inside your dog
- Day 21+: Skin & Coat: Balanced nutrition supports a beautiful coat and healthy skin
- Day 21+: Bright Eyes: Your dog’s eyes are a window to his health
- Day 28+: Dental Healthy: Great nutrition and crunchy kibble support strong teeth and healthy gums
What type of Canine Companion do you have in your family? If you are looking for a new dog food, give the Purina ONE 28-Day Challenge a try.