Christmas is upon us, which must mean that all the baking and cooking has begun for next week. One thing that is great to make a head of time, for either gifts for friends or just to have at your family gathering are some cookies. We all make the traditional sugar cookies, Hersey kiss cookies, etc but finding a new recipe, that is simple, is always great too. This year I tried out a new Lemon Cookie recipe and I love how it came out. It was super simple to make and only used a few key ingredients. This is a refreshing taste and a little different from everything else you may be baking this Christmas! Here is my Easy Extra Lemon-y Cookie Recipe.
Easy Extra Lemon Cookies Recipe
Yields: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 Box of Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 Goldrich Egg
- 1/2 TSP Lemon Extract
- 8oz Cool Whip
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, mix together 1 box of Lemon Cake Mix, 8oz Cool Whip, 1/2 TSP Lemon Extract and 1 Goldrich Egg (as I mentioned previously while making my Cranberry Breakfast Bread, I have started using Goodrich eggs because they have a much richer flavor).
- Mix until well mixed together – it will be a fluffy texture.
- Spoon out small – medium size cookies and drop into powdered sugar.
- Roll each cookie ball in the powdered sugar until covered completely and place on greased or covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and cool.
- Eat and Enjoy!
As I mentioned above, I have started cooking and baking with Goldrich Eggs. They have such a deeper color and richer flavor. So far I have had great luck with them, and they are easily available with all the other eggs in your local grocery (I found them at my local Walmart). Give them a try this holiday season!
I hope you (and all your guests) enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Merry Christmas!
Disclaimer: This was a sponsored / compensated post for Goldrich Eggs for the #GoldrichYolk campaign via AcornInfluence. All opinions and photos are 100% my own.