This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayMadeSimple #CollectiveBias
It’s been a few years since I made a lot of holiday goodies for my friends and co-workers. I used to always make lots of homemade, from scratch, goodies – but honestly, I just don’t have the time anymore. So this year, I am on the search for quick and easy recipes. I made some really easy Peanut Butter Fudge last week and my co-workers loved it! I also made some Peppermint Patties that I will have to share with you soon. This weekend I made some more treats to bring in! They may start calling me Buddy the Elf (if they haven’t already!).
This weekend, Lennox helped me make the goodies. We made an easy Peppermint & Marshmallow Chocolate Fudge and some chocolate dipped Candy Canes. Both recipes took very little time and came out great. Here is what you will need to do, to create the same holiday recipes.
Peppermint & Marshmallow Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Famous Fudge Kit
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1/2 TSP Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 CUP Peppermint Jet Puffed Marshmallows
- Using the contents of your NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Famous Fudge Kit, combine add 2 TBSP of Butter, included Sugar Mix and included can of Carnation Evaporated Milk together in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and then stir and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the included Chocolate Chips, included plain Marshmallows and 1/2 TSP Peppermint Extract. Stir until all melted and mixed together. It will get very thick and look something like this.
- Spread into a tin-foil lined 8×8 or 8×10 dish and top with Peppermint Marshmallows. Pressing the Marshmallows into the fudge.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours, cut and package in individual chocolate cups, goodie bags or a Christmas tin!
I hope my co-workers enjoy some of this fudge or I’m going to end up eating it all!
The second treat we made – which is great to make with kids too – are some Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes. We used WONKA® SWEETARTS® Candy Canes for the bright colors and tangy flavors of Blue Punch, Green Apple and Cherry.
Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes
For this recipe all you will need is:
- Candy Canes
- Melting Chocolate (I used Chocolate Almond Bark)
- Seasonal confection toppings
- Melt the Chocolate and dip 2/3 of the candy cane in the chocolate and place on parchment paper.
- Once you have dipped all the candy canes, sprinkle a variety of different toppings onto the chocolate. The almond bark does not harden too fast, so you have enough time to dip all your candy canes and then put the toppings on.
- Let the candy canes sit for approximately 45 minutes to harden completely before packaging.
- Once hardened, place into pretzel rod bags or goodie bags and you are ready to give them out in a gift basket, goodie bag or any other way.
Both of these recipes took me under 10 minutes each of actual prep and work. They both were kid friendly as well for the most part – so get your little helpers together and start creating some sweets this Christmas season! You can find the products mentioned above in the seasonal aisle at your local Walmart, just like Lennox and I did this weekend!
NESTLE Gift Basket Giveaway!
There are $1,600 worth of Gift Basket available from NESTLE up for grabs! Use the widget below to try your luck at winning one of 10 gift baskets!
Disclaimer: Terrell Family Fun is not responsible for giveaway prize delivery. All photos and opinions in this post are 100% my own.