Now that I have moved on to Valentine’s Day crafts, I thought it was as good a time as any to get to this craft that I have always wanted to do! A family handprint painting is a simple project and it really only takes a few minutes but a little patience with your little one while each step dries!
Family Handprint Art
For this art project all you will need is:
- Small Canvas (available in 2 packs at your local craft store for only $3-$4!)
- 3 Colors of Acrylic Paint (more colors if you have more children
What to do:
This is super simple…
- Pick which colors each family member will be and one by one make a handprint on top of another. Let each handprint dry 30-45 minutes before putting another handprint on top of it.
- I would recommend using a pretty good amount of paint on your hands so that you get good coverage on the canvas.
- If you find that a handprint is too light, just do it again straight on top of it!
- That’s it! I wrote the year on the bottom so that I know in the future when we made the art project.
I think it would be a great addition to a little kids room, an office or even something to hang in a family room. It’s simple but i love how it shows each family member together as one.