While we were grocery shopping this weekend, Lennox spotted the colored ice cream cones near the ice cream. She had never seen pink, blue and purple ice cream cones before so, being the sucker I am, let her buy them and some ice cream! She forgot about them for about a day and then when I saw them in the pantry again, I decided to make a special treat with them for her and the result came out so cute that I had to share – Valentine’s Day Inspired Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Cones!
Chocolate Dipped Pink Ice Cream Cones
What you will need:
- Colored Ice Cream Cones – (Joy makes them and they were $2 at Walmart)
- Chocolate – I used a high quality Milk Chocolate
How to make:
- It really is quite simple on how to make these but the key to making them taste even better is the type of chocolate that you use! For this treat I first melted some milk chocolate chips rather than chocolate melts or semi-sweet chips, in the microwave for 1 minute at 50% power – stopped to stir and then again for 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Once the chocolate was melted, I dipped the ice cream cone tops into the chocolate, twisting them slightly to get an even coating of chocolate on the rim.
- I think sprinkled these heart shaped sprinkles I found for Valentine’s Day! You can add as many or as little as you wish.
- Then I let the chocolate set and dry before serving with ice cream. I put these in the fridge for about 30 minutes to speed up the process but you could leave them out (standing up) on wax paper for 1-2 hours before serving to let them dry completely.
I love how these came out – they would be cute to make a head of time for birthday parties, holiday events or just for fun with the kids! Top the cones with your favorite ice cream (Lennox picked out Rainbow sherbet) and enjoy!