I use to be able to make a great chocolate mousse, but then the product that I used was discontinued – so now I am in the re-creation mode. I tried to craft a new recipe together and I’m happy to say it came out deliciously! It is not exactly the same as what we used to have – but it’s still great! This is a rich mousse, rather than a light and fluffy mousse – so it’s great for a single serving, small glass cup or bowl.
Cream Cheese Chocolate Mousse with Orange Recipe
- Chocolate Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Premium Milk Chocolate Pieces
- Cool Whip (defrosted in refrigerator)
- Orange Zest
- In microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate pieces as instructed on package.
- Using a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, whip together the cool whip and chocolate cream cheese.
- As that mixes, slowly pour in the melted chocolate and mix together. Depending on how cold the mixture is, the chocolate may solidify again and create small flakes of chocolate in the mousse – this is ok!
- Scoop out mousse mixture into small dishes or glasses (this is very rich so serve accordingly!)
- Garnish with shaved orange dark chocolate and orange zest!
- Refrigerate for a few hours or serve – best if served within the same day.