This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FoamSensations #CollectiveBias
With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the bathrooms in our house get messy, disorganized and pretty much.. blah! I wanted to do something to the bathroom that all of our guests use to freshen it up but it needed to be affordable, I did not want to break the bank. I wasn’t interested in painting, new fixtures, etc – I just wanted to find ways to refresh the look and come together with one main theme; the ocean. So I challenged myself to refresh our bathroom for under $25 and I was successful – do you want to find out how? Read on!
This is what our bathroom looks like most days. Lennox tends to use this bathroom the most, as it’s right next to the living room and playroom – and as you probably already know – 4 year olds aren’t the best at picking up after themselves! Exhibit A, B & C:
Undies on the floor, magazine or book on the ground, toilet paper thrown about, no hand towel (she probably left it on the floor!), misc. items on the shelf.
Re-decorate Your Bathroom for Under $25
The very first thing you need to do is pick a theme, or at least a color that will be your main focus for the bathroom. We live in Texas, but we live in a “Cape Cod” inspired neighborhood and home – so I try to incorporate as much of “back home” into our new home!
- Hand Towel – $6: Head to your local home decor store or your favorite store that has a home section. I found the perfect hand towel that went with my ocean theme for only $6 at HomeGoods.
- Hand Soap – $2.50: Soap doesn’t just have to be for washing hands! Decorative hand soap, such as the new Softsoap Liquid Foaming Hand Soap, is both useful in a bathroom setting – but also an attractive addition to any bathroom sink.
When I saw looking at hand soap in Walmart, I noticed that Softsoap Liquid Foaming Hand Soap had just released three new scents: Jasmine and White Cotton, Whipped Cocoa Butter and Kitchen Citrus Bliss (this is currently in our kitchen too!).
I knew that the Jasmine and White cotton would go great with my bathroom refresh since it is a premium product at a great price!
- Trash Bin – $1 + Rope ($7): For our trashcan – we have always had the simple white trash bin that you can find at your local dollar store. I wanted to find something I could do to make it look fancier than it really is. I decided to take the rope from my nautical/ocean theme and incorporate it with the trash bin.
All you have to do is buy a large (50 yards) roll of rope and wrap it around the trash bin, hot gluing it down along the way. Here is a picture showing how it progressed and the final product! For $8 I’m really happy with how it came out – and I love that it is still plastic on the inside, so it is easy to clean when needed!
- Toilet Paper Roll Holder – $1: Usually we have the package of toilet paper sitting on the floor somewhere in the bathroom – so finding somewhere to put a few spare rolls was on my list – I found a blue bin at the dollar store as well, that fit perfectly between the toilet and the wall – with just enough space for 2 rolls and some baby wipes. Easy and organized!
- Decor – Glass Dish ($1), Seashells ($4), Candle ($2): Finally it was time to add some decor to the room. I had 3 shell pictures already that I hung on the wall.
I also purchased a blue candle for $2 at Walmart, a glass dish (which I hot glued some of the left over rope to) at the dollar store for $1 and some sea glass and seashells for $4 that I found at HomeGoods.
Total Spent: $24.50 – Success!
Forget about what you saw in the before pictures – little girl undies on the floor and all! I now have taken the steps to refresh our bathroom and I’m pretty happy with the final product! What do you think? It may not be a dramatic change – but it does look more put together, more of a cohesive theme and much more presentable when that drop-in guest asks to use the restroom!
Which of the three new Softsoap Liquid Foaming Hand Soap scents would go great on your sink?