This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WeekNightHero #CollectiveBias
Dinner time comes all too fast on the weeknights, especially now that the weather is getting better. When we get out of work and get Lennox from school, by the time we get home – she’s ready to play outside on her playground or with her neighborhood friends. This is great, especially since as summer hits, it will just get TOO hot to play in the evenings, but that means I only have 30 minutes to get dinner ready and on the table for Lennox and family to eat before bath and bedtime. I love when I can put together a weekend style meal on a weeknight schedule! The meals are so much better and cutting time off a traditional recipe is great!
Finding meals that truly take only 30 minutes is sometimes challenging – but this week I revisited one of my favorite recipes, Meatloaf Muffins. I changed up the recipe a bit to incorporate a new product by Cambell’s Soup and it now only takes 30 minutes to prep are cook and I became a #WeekNightHero! I want you to be a champion at dinner time as well, so today I’m sharing with you how to make Meatloaf Muffins or Cupcakes!
Mini Meatloaf Muffins
- 2 Pounds Extra Lean Ground Beef (make sure you buy the extra lean (96%) ground beef because if you get too fatty of a beef, it will be too greasy and cause a big mess in your oven!)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 Campbell’s Soup for Easy Cooking – Sweet Onion – You can find this in the soup aisle at Walmart!
- Mashed Potatoes (prepared your favorite way)
- Ketchup (optional)
How to make:
- Preheat oven at 375º.
- In a large bowl, mix together the 2 pounds of extra lean ground beef, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup breadcrumbs and 1 egg. Mix well.
- Add in 1/2 a box of Cambell’s Soup for Easy Cooking – Sweet Onion flavor.
- Mix together well. At this point you can decide if you think it is too thick or thin. I added in another 1/4 of the box of Cambell’s Soup for Easy Cooking until I got to the consistency that I like for meatloaf.
- Once mixed together well, form into small – medium sized balls and place each ball into a cupcake/muffin tin. One batch will fill up one, 12 muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is baking, make your mashed potatoes as desired.
- When the meatloaf muffins are done, I topped them with a little bit of ketchup and piped mashed potatoes on top of some of them to create the muffin/cupcake look!
Now all you need to do is serve and enjoy! These really could be used for a family gathering, regular family dinner or even made ahead of time for a busy night! Leftovers are great with these and I just love the flavor that the Sweet Onion Cambell’s Soup for Easy Cooking gives them! If you head to your local Walmart soon, make sure to pick up one of the four varieties that are available in the soup aisle! There is currently a coupon available as well for .75¢ off! Coupon is available for one month, launching on 3/13.
Ps. Your kiddo may even ask you if she can have one for dessert… she fell for the “cupcake” take on meatloaf! Love it!