A while back I found this great post about 72 Things a Child Should Do Before Turning 6, and I just thought it was great. There are so many things on this list that you just have to experience as a kid – and that I remember fondly from my childhood. We are currently in the mix of planning Lennox’s 5th birthday party – so I thought it was a good time to look at this list, and see what is left to do with her over the next year. In just over a year Lennox will be 6, and that is just CRAZY!
All the pink items are things that we still need to do before Lennox turns 6. How many items on this list have you done with your children so far? We have 24 items left!
1. blow and chase after bubbles.
2. make a home for bugs in a jar.
3. jump in a great big pile of leaves.
4. climb a mountain and have a picnic at the top.
5. eat fresh fruit off a bush or tree.
6. go for a motorboat ride.
7. feed the ducks.
8. paint with pudding.
9. decorate a cake and eat frosting straight from the jar.
10. name a lovie/stuffed animal and cuddle it to sleep each night.
11. go to the drive-in movie.
12. roll down a hill.
13. go sledding.
14. build a snowman and name him Frosty.
15. build a fort out of blankets.
16. spend the day in undies.
17. tie-dye shirts.
18. make a mud pie.
19. play flashlight tag.
20. take a ride on a ferris wheel.
21. fall asleep riding on someone’s shoulders.
22. feed farm animals.
23. play with playdough.
24. have a teddy bear picnic.
25. use their own library card.
26. chase after butterflies with nets.
27. run through sprinklers.
28. grow a garden.
29. visit a museum.
30. go to a movie theater.
31. go pumpkin picking.
32. pick out their Christmas tree.
33. kiss mommy or daddy under the mistletoe.
34. go to a fair or circus.
35. make homemade ice cream.
36. build a sandcastle.
37. toast marshmallows at a campfire.
38. sleep in a tent.
39. jump in muddy puddles.
40. fly a kite.
41. play dress up.
42. go apple picking.
43. run a lemonade stand.
44. go on a scavenger hunt.
45. carve pumpkins.
46. build a gingerbread house.
47. climb a tree.
48. catch lightening bugs in a jar.
49. catch frogs and name them.
50. spend their own money.
51. go for a hayride.
52. host a tea party (okay, maybe this is best for girls)
53. see the stars from a telescope.
54. build a fort in the woods.
55. have a collection.
56. volunteer or raise money for good.
57. take a train.
58. dance in the living room.
59. cook their own dinner.
60. collect seashells on the beach.
61. make a paper airplane.
66. lick the brownie bowl clean.
67. spin with their arms out until they fall over.
68. make a best friend.
69. throw couch cushions on the floor and jump from one to another.
70. play in the tubby rather than clean in the tubby.
71. get tucked in as snug as a bug in a rug.
72. be told they are loved every single day.
What would you add to this list?