This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM! The ultimate treat during the summer is ice cream, hands down! Just think of all those summers as a kid when you would be so excited to get to have some cold, creamy ice cream! Whether it was an ice cream cone, a hot fudge sundae or another type of ice cream treat – it was always SO good, right?
The summer’s are long and hot here in Texas, so having some cool treats in the evenings is something that I love to keep in the freezer for my daughter and the whole family. We tend to play outside after school or even hit the community pool, so after dinner we are all ready for a delicious treat!
I’m always making new delicious treats, but I’ve always wanted to make my own ice cream cake or pie and I just never have tried. I assumed they were way too much work – however, this summer I decided to figure out an easy way to make one and I think I was successful!
The Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Pie that I’m going to share with you, is so easy to make and really only takes a few minutes. It even is a great recipe to have your kid’s help you with! It’s almost foolproof. Keep in mind, you can make it a head of time and store it in your freezer for whenever you decide you need a cool treat to beat the heat.
I headed to Walmart to figure out which ice cream flavors I wanted to purchase, and I found that Blue Bunny had the best selection of flavors for this recipe; Cherry Chocolate and Chocolate.
Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Pie
- Blue Bunny Chocolate Ice Cream
- Blue Bunny Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream
- Cookie Crust
- Whipped Cream
- Take your ice cream out 10-15 minutes before making you pie. This will let it soften. The softer the ice cream the better really.
- Once your chocolate ice cream has softened, scoop 3-4 scoops of ice cream into the cookie crust. If it is tough to spread around still – let sit and soften a bit more.
- Once you have an even layer of chocolate ice cream, move on to the Blue Bunny Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate ice cream.
- Fill the rest of the pie crust with cherry ice cream. Again, let sit if it is not soft enough.
- Once you have filled the pie crust, cover and place into fridge for 20-30 minutes so that it can harden back up. It can be stored for longer if you are not ready to serve it.
- Prior to serving, remove from freezer, top with whipped cream, cherries and any other toppings you would like (chocolate pieces, cookie crumbles, jimmies, etc).
- Cut and serve!
If you would like to try Blue Bunny ice cream for yourself, your local Walmart may be having a demo on June 20th and will be featuring Vanilla Ice Cream with Biscoff. Check for your store here.
Doesn’t this look good? I can’t wait to try some other Blue Bunny flavors as well and experiment with other ice cream pie combinations!