Did everyone have a good 4th of July? We had zero plans for the weekend and it ended up being a great weekend. In a way, it was nice to have no big plans – we just did what we wanted and had a good time together. Sometimes we are so over planned that we are running from one event to the next – so this year we just took it easy.
We still were able to attend some low-key fireworks – Lennox was ready…!
We were able to be a little silly …
and play with sparklers with our neighbors….
All in all we had a good 4th and we hope you had just as good of a holiday weekend!
What was your favorite part of the holiday weekend?
One last PEEPS® treat before Easter morning! I told you that we love PEEPS® in this house! This would be a cute treat to make for Easter morning or even an afternoon snack! This one is very fast and you can put it together ahead of time, no problem – Easter morning Donuts with Coconut and PEEPS®.
PEEPS® Easter Morning Donuts
What you will need:
- Mini powered sugar donuts
- Coconut (I dyed mine green)
- Frosting (for “glue”)
How to make:
- Using mini powered sugar donuts, put a small amount of white or green frosting on top of the donut.
- Sprinkle green coconut on top of the frosting to make a “nest”. Note: to make coconut green, just put some coconut in a plastic ziplock bag and add a few drops of green food coloring. Shake until well mixed!
- Add a small amount of frosting to the bottom of a PEEPS® bunny or chick and stick it to the top of the donut nest!
- Put them together on a platter and serve!
Disclosure: “The PEEPS® product, information and gift have been provided by Just Born Retail Group.”